Beating Monday Blues

9:35 PM Unknown 1 Comments


A lot of us complain about Mondays. Back to our hectic schedule of school and work, back to our stressful daily lives after our fun relaxing weekend. 
 
“The ‘Monday Blues’ describe a set of negative emotions that many people get at the beginning of the workweek if they’re not happy at work,” says Alexander Kjerulf, an international author and speaker on happiness at work. “It contains elements of depression, tiredness, hopelessness and a sense that work is unpleasant but unavoidable.”




Feeling those negative emotions at the start of your work would also create a negative impact with your performance and productivity. A lot of people hate Mondays because they feel the intense pressure, sadness and anxiety with all those stress that keep coming, especially for those who hate their jobs or unsatisfied with it.

BUT! You could at least stop feeling blue! We all have to feel the excitement of having a new opportunity to do better with our studies or work. 


Here are some things I do to stop feeling the Morning blues, hoping that I could share it with you.

Planning and Keeping Myself Organized
Before my weekend starts, I organize my time table to see how many free hours I have to enjoy my weekend. It is important for me so I wouldn’t waste too much time and not forget my home works I need to pass by Monday and Tuesday.
By Sunday night, I get my things and clothes ready so I wouldn’t feel disoriented when I wake up the next morning. I feel like I could take on the stress and those works to be given for the new week ahead.

Completing as much work as I can as soon as I can
Completing works ahead of time means I would have a lot of time to enjoy the weekend and not worrying about the works stuffed in my room. Procrastination and cramming may mean you’re going to have time to do whatever you want to do but when you completed the works sooner, you’ll still have a time and not worry about things you have to do.

Do something special with my weekend
It doesn’t have to be grand. It could be done with a simple stroll in the park with your pet or go see a movie that you’ve been waiting for, or anything that you love to do. So when you’re about to sleep, thinking if you even did something fun and useful, you could say to yourself that you used your time wisely.

Have an Early Start
Heavy Traffic, rush hours, and the busy crowd of people are things I always consider every Monday so I wake up extra early than the rest of the weekdays. Waking up late means not having a time to eat your breakfast, facing the heavy traffic, you’re in a rush. So don't stay up too late and wake up early. When I’m organized, it feels like those works are easier.

 
I hope these simple things that I do would help you fight the Monday Blues. Remember no matter how much you hate it, don’t complain about it. You might not know it, but it could affect somebody who hears your whines and complaints.

But if these things didn't manage to help you, you should find out the reason why you're still feeling blue. Have a list of 'whys' and tackle each problems stated.

Enjoy this coming weekend!

1 comment:

  1. hey!

    I know how bad you Thomasians monday goes, especially during storms! =D

    but its cool how you enumerated your tips, great post!

    ReplyDelete